Intelligence Analysis Intern
Emergent Risk International is hiring interns! ERI is a Dallas based risk and intelligence advisory firm. Our business is assisting companies in utilizing intelligence and analysis to better drive their business. We focus on three primary activities:
- Assessment and Analysis: We provide bespoke geopolitical and threat intelligence products to address issues of concern to our clients. These products range from those developed for regular distribution to in-depth new market entry assessments.
- Training: We train intelligence analysts to provide intelligence analysis in a business environment focusing on tradecraft and tools that drive more efficient and effective analysis. We offer a range of in-house and open trainings to address specific levels of experience and need.
- Consulting: We help companies develop and improve their intelligence programs, providing end-to-end support; from assessing needs and providing analysis to recruiting and hiring highly qualified candidates.
Intelligence Analysis Interns will be responsible for helping ERI with a range of research, technology, analytic and administrative tasks to better serve its clients. Interns will contribute to research projects, products and services and will have a role in developing new products for the company.
- Assist analysts by providing structured country research on issues of importance to ERI clients
- Assist in building data visualizations and social media posts
- Assist in developing business leads
- Develop and maintain an awareness of relevant global issues impacting ERI’s primary client base
- Administrative tasks as necessary
Remuneration: This role will be unpaid and run from the beginning of October through December (candidates interested in continuing through the spring semester will also be considered). Interns will receive intelligence analysis training, start-up experience and exposure to other critical professional skill sets. This internship can also be taken on for course credit with the permission of a candidates’ institution. Successful candidates will work out of our offices in downtown Dallas 15-20 hours per week. Some exceptional candidates may be considered for remote work.
Experience: The right candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing skills
- In final year of undergrad or has finished BA/BS degree
- Foreign language capability
- International relations, political economy, economics, development, political science or other related fields of study are preferred
- Working knowledge of information technology, social media and tech related trends
- Experience living or studying abroad
- Strong academic record
- Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively
- Strong work ethic and commitment
Application Deadline is September 30. Please send your resume, cover letter, and a recent writing sample to: email@example.com